Thursday, July 25, 2013

Caramel & pear "tatin" cake

Bonjour,

A little while ago, I had a go at making a GF Pear and caramel cake.

For some reason I had "Salted caramel"in my mind and few pears on the kitchen bench, so a catch up with friends was the perfect excuse!


The result was quite lovely and luckily I wrote down the ingredients list just in case it was a keeper of a recipe :)

It was a cross between a cake and a "tarte tatin" :)
So I am going to call it Caramel & Pear "tatin"cake ok, and will document here the experiment before I totally forget all the details :)



Ingredients:

The Fruit and caramel topping:

  • Pears ~6 diced
  • 1/2 cup of brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoon of water
  • Salt  ~1/2 teaspoon
The cake dough:
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup of almond milk
  • 1 cup of almond flour
  • 1 cup of Gluten free flour (I used Whitewings brand)
  • 1 teaspoon of baking flour
  • 1 pinch of salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
  • vanilla paste 
  • 125g butter
  • 1/2 cup of caster sugar



  • Prepare the Salted caramel in a small saucepan:

Place brown sugar, lemon juice, water and heat until melted and turning amber, add the salt and set aside.
Or you can try this richer version...mine was a tiny light and runny.



  • Prepare the cake (I used my trusted kitchen mixer):

Cream butter and sugar together add vanilla, cinnamon salt.
Add the eggs.
Add the almond flour, flour, baking powder.
Add almond milk

In a (buttered) baking dish place the diced pears and caramel sauce.
Add the cake dough

Bake in moderate oven ~180 degrees Celsius for about 45 min (until golden and cooked through)


Bon appétit  :)

Sandrine ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment