Yesterday was a chocolate emergency in our house :)
So long since my last baking adventure and with Easter around the corner it seems like we were all craving for a chocolate treat!
It was a little experiment using coconut oil instead of butter, and I am really pleased with the result.
I added a little twist to the Brownies by adding few dollops of peanut butter :)
Making for pretty swirls
Super quick to make, and to bake!
The perfect Friday treat after a long school week!
GF Dark Chocolate and pistachio Brownies with a twist
100 g of Dark Chocolate broken in pieces
1/2 cup of raw Cacao powder
1 cup of Buckwheat Flour
1/2 cup of Coconut oil
100 g Pistachio kernels
1/2 cup of sugar
1 pinch of salt
3 large Table Spoon of Peanut Butter
- Melt in saucepan (over low/ medium) heat coconut oil and chocolate pieces.(Cool down after wards)
- Beat eggs, sugar and vanilla in a mixing bowl.
- Sieve the cacao powder and flour together add salt
- crush roughly your pistachio (I give them a couple of whizz in the processor)
- Add dry ingredients to the egg mixture.
- Do not overmix and and pour the molten Chocolate mixture in your prepared baking dish.
- Spoon over the top the peanut butter and with a skewer enjoy making pretty swirls.
- Bake in 180℃ for 20 to 25 min
- Cool on a wire rack
It was deliciously moist and very chocolatey but not too sweet at all!
The perfect simple Dark chocolate treat we had in awhile:)